Grassroots Key Link To American Cricket Development
Cricket Let’s Play USA (CLPUSA) is now underway in New York. CLPUSA’s primary objectives are to grow the number of junior girls and boys exposed to cricket and create more long-term players.
There will be three main opportunities to be involved in the CLPUSA programs this season; each opportunity is outlined below:
1. FREE CLPUSA INTRO – SCHOOLS
• New York elementary and middle schools can register for a FREE CLPUSA Intro program and have a Development Coach teach students key skills of the game in a fun, engaging environment.
• Schools will be provided with a FREE bag of CLPUSA plastic cricket equipment.
• School staff (PE teacher or others) will receive professional development through ‘on the job’ training in how to deliver cricket.
2. FREE CLPUSA COACHING and TEN10 – COMMUNITY
3. SUMMER CAMP – CLPUSA JUNIOR AND TALENT DEVELOPMENT
• FREE weekend sessions will run in late May and June and are aimed at girls and boys 6 – 13 years of age that are interested in developing their cricket skills through fun, games-based sessions
• These FREE sessions will be available in the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island
• Dates, venues and coach details to be released soon.
• Brooklyn Summer Camps: July 21 – 25
• Bronx Summer Camps: July 28 – Aug 1
• Long Island Summer Camps: August 11 – 15
• Above venues and program details are to be confirmed
• Registration information will be released soon.
CLPUSA encourages volunteers from within the New York community to become involved in this junior cricket initiative. Please urge your local elementary and middle schools to register for a CLPUSA Intro program.
More detail about our COACHING and TEN10 sessions and SUMMER CAMP programs will be released in the coming weeks.
To register For Cricket Let’s Play USA log on to https://vellocricket.net/2014/04/23/register-for-cricket-lets-play-usa/