The following eight teams are confirmed to participate in the Inaugural New York Cricket Academy Sixes Tournament:
· Liberty Sports Club
· Melbourne CC
· Cosmos CC
· ACA Dragons
· NY Centurions
WHERE: Baisley Pond Park @ Rockaway Blvd. and Baisley Blvd.
WHEN: Wednesday, July 4th. 2012 starting time @ 10:00 am.
• Matches are played between two teams of six players, and each game consists of a maximum of five six-ball overs bowled by each side (eight-ball overs in the final match.)
• Each member of the fielding side bowls one over, with the exception of the wicket-keeper. Teams are NOT ALLOWED to switch wicket-keepers during the match.
• Wides and no-ball count as two runs.
• If five wickets fall before 5 overs are completed, the last remaining batsman bats on with the fifth batsman acting as a runner. He always takes strike. The innings is complete when the sixth wicket falls.
• Batsmen retire not out on reaching 31 runs. The idea being to reach 36 runs by hitting 6 sixes. A retired batsman can return to the crease after lower-order batsmen either retire or are out.
The eight team sixes tournament is based on a knock-out format and a single elimination blind draw. Teams will select numbers from 1 – 8, and the tournament will proceed as listed below:
Match 1: #1 vs. #2 @ 11:00 am.
Match 2: #3 vs. #4 @ 12:00 pm.
Match 3: #5 vs. #6 @ 1:00 pm.
Match 4: #7 vs. #8 @ 2:00 pm.
1st. Semi: Winner Match 1 vs. Winner Match 2
2nd. Semi: Winner Match 3 vs. Winner Match 4
Championship Match: Eight ball (8) overs bowled by each side.
Please come out to support Cosmos Cricket Club Fundraiser BBQ to be held on Wednesday, July 4th. @ Baisley Pond Park.